Slightly late this week as I was tied up trying to sort out our flights home after the drone problem at Gatwick. I’ll give you a full report next week as I’m still travelling while writing this. Suffice to say it’s turned ours and thousands of others Christmas plans into a complete nightmare.
I’ve searched around this week for a whole load of top 10 things that have happened over the year and some things that we’ll do over Christmas.
The top 10 trending queries on search engine Google were.
- World Cup
- Meghan Markle
- Royal Wedding
- Black Panther
- Roxanne Pallett
- Demi Lovato
- Ant McPartlin
- A Star Is Born
- Khloe Kardashian
The top 10 sporting events of the year were.
- The World Cup
- Wilder vs Fury
- Grand National
- Winter Olympics
- Ryder Cup
- Commonwealth Games
- Super Bowl
- Joshua vs. Parker
The top 10 grossing films of the year were.
1. Avengers : Infinity War
Production Budget: $300 million Global Box Office: $2.04 billion
2. Black Panther
Production budget: $210 million Global box office: $1.3 billion
3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Global Box Office: $1.3 billion
4. Incredibles 2
Production budget: $200 million Global box office: $1.24 billion
Production Budget: $100 million Global Box Office: $853 million
6. Mission: Impossible – Fallout
Production Budget: $178 million Global Box Office: $787.49 million
7. Deadpool 2
Production budget: $110 million Global box office: $737.7 million
8. Ant-Man and the Wasp
Production budget: $162 million Global box office: $621.9 million
9. Bohemian Rhapsody
Production budget: $52 million Global box office: $602.2 million
10. Ready Player One
Production budget: $175 million Global box office: $578.6 million
Ed Sheeran‘s ‘Divide’ tour has ended 2018 as the highest-grossing tour of the last 30 years. I went to see him in June at Wembley Stadium and you have to say whatever he did earn he thoroughly deserved it. Here are those top 10 grossing tours.
1) Ed Sheeran. Gross = $432 million (£341.7 million). Tickets sold = 4,860,482
2) Taylor Swift. Gross = $345 million (£272.9 million). Tickets sold = 2,888,892
3) Jay-Z & Beyonce. Gross = $254 million (£200.9 million). Tickets sold = 2,169,050
4) Pink. Gross = $169.2 million (£133.6 million). Tickets sold= 1,285,411
5) Bruno Mars. Gross = $167.6 million. (£132 million) Tickets sold = 1,290,438
6) Eagles. Gross= $166.0 million. (£131 million) Tickets sold = 1,290,438
7) Justin Timberlake. Gross = $151 million (£119 million) Tickets sold = 1,193,365
8) Roger Waters. Gross = $131.3 million. (£103 million) Tickets sold = 1,448,771
9) U2. Gross= $126.2 million. (£996 million) Tickets sold = 927,034
10) The Rolling Stones. Gross= $116.6 million (£917 million) Tickets sold = 750,000.
The top 10 selling songs of the year were.
- Gods Plan by Drake
- One Kiss by Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa
- Shotgun by George Ezra
- These Days by Rudimental, Jess Glynne & Macklemore
- This is Me by Keala Settle
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran
- Nice for what by Drake
- Paradise by George Ezra
- Feel it Still by Portugal the Man
- IDGAF by Dua Lipa
The top 10 of the most shazamed songs of 2018 has been released. For those of you not au fait with the app it will tell you the name of the artist and song if you point your phone at the Radio.
1. “Solo”, Clean Bandit Feat. Demi Lovato
2. “X”, Nicky Jam & J Balvin
3. “One Kiss”, Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa
4. “In My Mind”, Dynoro & Gigi D’Agostino
5. “Perfect”, Ed Sheeran
6. “Leave A Light On”, Tom Walker
7. “Girls Like You”, Maroon 5 Feat. Cardi B
8. “Friends”, Marshmello & Anne-Marie
9. “Flames”, David Guetta & Sia
10. “I Like It”, Cardi B & Bad Bunny & J Balvin
Online retail giant Amazon has unveiled all the best selling items we have bought over the last 12 months.
1. All-new Echo Dot (3rd Gen)
2. Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion
3. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
4. FIFA 19 (PS4)
5. Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls by Elena Favilli and Francesca Cavallo 6. Hozelock Seasons Multi Spray Gun
7. instax mini Film, 20 shot pack
8. Philips Hue White Dimmable LED Smart Bulb
9. Portable Luggage Digital Scale
10. The Greatest Showman [DVD]
We will spend on average an hour and a half playing games on Christmas Day and these are the top 10.
2. Trivial Pursuit
6. Pie Face
These are the top 10 things we’ll argue about on Christmas Day.
- What to watch on TV
2. The Christmas dinner
3. Someone having too much to drink
4. People constantly on their gadgets/ social media
5. Who is doing the washing up
6. The mess after the presents have opened
7. Trying to get new toys/ gadgets to work
8. Board games
9. The children moaning about their presents or not getting something they wanted
10. The children moaning about being bored
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and I wish you a happy and prosperous new year!
Richie presents the Radio One Mallorca Breakfast show Monday to Friday 07.30-11.00am on 93.8fm in Mallorca and 102fm in Calvià, online at www.radioonemallorca.com on mobile through their free App for IPhone, Android, The Tunein Radio App and on the Spanish TDT TV service. If you can’t hear him on the radio then you’ll find him working at Pirates Adventure the islands number one night out and every now and again he may make an understudy appearance!
Feel free to email him at firstname.lastname@example.org